To change settings in Caterpillar Electronic Technician (CAT ET) to connect to the CAT Communication Adapter 3 (CAT Comm 3), you need to configure the software to communicate with the specific communication adapter you're using. Here's a general outline of how to do this:
Please note that the exact steps may vary based on the version of CAT ET software you have. Always refer to the official user manual or guides provided by Caterpillar for accurate instructions.
Connect CAT Comm 3:
- Ensure that you have CAT Comm 3 (Communication Adapter 3) properly connected to the vehicle's diagnostic port and to your laptop or PC.
Launch CAT ET Software:
- Open the Caterpillar Electronic Technician (CAT ET) software on your laptop or PC.
Select Communications Adapter:
- In the software's main menu or toolbar, there should be an option to select or configure the communications adapter. This is where you will specify CAT Comm 3 as the adapter to be used.
Configure Communication Settings:
- Access the communication adapter settings. This could be done through a menu option or a configuration icon in the software.
- In the settings, you'll need to specify CAT Comm 3 as the communication adapter type.
Select Connection Method:
- CAT Comm 3 can connect via USB or. Choose the appropriate connection method based on how you've connected CAT Comm 3 to your laptop or PC.
Specify Communication Port:
- Depending on the connection method, you may need to select the correct communication port associated with CAT Comm 3. This could be a USB port or a Bluetooth COM port.
- Once you've configured the communication settings, save the changes in the software.
Connect to ECM:
- After configuring the settings, you should now be able to use CAT ET to connect to the vehicle's ECM (Electronic Control Module) via CAT Comm 3.
- Once connected, you can use CAT ET to perform diagnostics, read fault codes, change parameters, and more.